Showcase your business to West Highland Way walkers!
A listing on our accommodation and services page offers a great opportunity to reach thousands of visitors from across the world who are preparing to walk the Way each year. Listings can be renewed annually and are available for accommodation providers, baggage carrying services, food & drink establishments, publishers, retailers and service providers – basically, any business on the 96 mile route or based elsewhere but offering a service or looking to reach walkers on the Way.
The West Highland Way Management Group invests significant time and resource each year into maintaining the 96 miles of path, but also the website, email enquiries, social media, official passport network, brand protection, and lots more.
We have invested in a new online directory to improve the experience for our website visitors and for businesses wishing to take out, amend or renew their listing on the website. Total visits to the westhighlandway.org site for 2021 were 455,047 (11% higher than 2020) and we will be increasing promotion to this directory section of the website this year.
There are three listing levels:
- A – Small business (e.g. small café, B&B/self-catering (up to 3 rooms), small publisher, small retailer, not-for-profit; non-VAT registered)
- B – Medium business (e.g. bar/restaurant, medium/large café, guest house/small inn, larger retailers, baggage handlers, booking services, transport provider, small-medium attractions, medium-large publisher)
- C – Large business (e.g. hotels/hostels/other accommodation with 6+ bedrooms, large visitor attraction, campsite, larger visitor attractions, activity providers, tour operators)
We appreciate that businesses have been hit hard by the pandemic, so please contact us if you are not sure which category you should be in or you want to discuss your situation: email@example.com
By listing your business here you are also contributing towards the ongoing maintenance and management of the West Highland Way, to ensure it remains Scotland’s best-loved long-distance route.
Benefits for Businesses
- – Show your support by taking out one of our packages whilst gaining benefits for your business at the same time!
- – Become a Member of the Official WHW Business Community, including access to advice, newsletter updates and networking opportunities;
- – Option to be an Official WHW Passport Point (includes stamp, ink pad & window sticker);
- – Reshares and/or Social media mentions on WHW official channels;
- – Permission to use a digital version of the WHW official logo on your website to promote your business in line with brand guidelines*.
Existing account users can log in to edit a listing.
You can also apply to become a Passport point or sign up to receive email updates from us below.
If you only want to be listed as a Passport Point (providing a stamp for walkers to collect for their official WHW passports), please contact us to discuss. There will be a one-off fee to cover the cost of a stamp/ink pad and then limited details only would be displayed on the website.
* T&Cs apply. Depending on how you wish to use the official logo, there may be additional charges e.g. if you wish to use it on a printed products, vehicle, building, or commercial product. Please contact us to discuss.