** October update **
As the main walking season is now coming to an end, please note, some businesses along the West Highland Way close over the winter or operate greatly reduced opening hours. Always check ahead to ensure you have all the refreshments and accommodation you need before you start walking that day. Please plan your food and drink provisions at least one or two days ahead and carry what you need with you in case you can’t stock up – in particular, always have plenty of water.
Scottish Water and some businesses offer free top up taps. You can find some of these listed in our Accommodation and Services section.
In particular, very little is open at this time of year between Rowardennan and Crianlarich:
- The Rowardennan Hotel – will close on Monday 24 October until March.
- Rowardennan Honesty Box – Lucy Fraser provides a supply of crisps, cakes, juice most of the year. Can be reached via FB/Messenger if you want rolls or have queries.
- Rowardennan Youth Hostel – whole hostel bookings only from now until end of Dec, then closed until April.
- Inversnaid Hotel – there is an area for walkers with a water tap and some snacks available, but the hotel will close on 30 October over the winter.
- Inversnaid Bunkhouse – closes end of October, then private hire only.
- The Drovers Inn – open from 8am to 10.30pm. Some food on offer all day (breakfast, then rolls, lunch menu until 4, dinner) although no snacks other than crisps/nuts/drinks. Will remain open all year, apart from Christmas/Boxing Day.
- Ardlui Hotel – currently closed during the day Mon-Fri. Open at weekends, but will be closed late December/Jan. Bookings should be made in advance via the website.
Cruise Loch Lomond Waterbus – Inversnaid to Tarbet running until 30th October.
Ardleish to Ardlui on demand ferry – stops end of October.
Crianlarich has a a Village Shop for getting supplies (if it is closed, but before 9pm, ring this number if you need food/drink: 01838 300245). There is also a pub, the Rod & Reel (but only open weekends in the winter), and various accommodation options, but these may also be operating reduced hours in winter.